Manages the day-to-day process of all media planning efforts for Clients of responsibility.
- Implements the process and assists with the management of the strategic and tactical execution of all media products for Clients of responsibility.
- Confers with Media Director, Clients, and/or Account Services to establish media objectives, and strategies for advertising campaigns.
- Presents media plans to Media Director, AccountServices and Client for approval and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Writes plan presentations.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the Client’s business.
- Implements the management of daily tasks in support of the media product.
- Maintain budget control and ensure execution of media plans by authorizing approved media schedules and monitoring buys/schedules.
- Foster a good working relationship with account and client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans.
- Evaluates composition of a wide range of media vehicles to determine which would most effectively reach the target audience.
- Calculates reach and frequency of potential media vehicles
- Confers with media representatives to evaluate best placement.
- Gathers statistics and prepares media plans with directives to guide the buying process.
- Studies demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences for print, broadcast, or online advertising.
- Keeps current on media trends.
- Responsible for developing the skill and knowledge base of those more junior as well as supervise, advise and counsel group in all daily activities.
- Motivate Planners and encourage innovation and creativity throughout all projects by serving as a role model within the group/team.
- Lead team in setting strategies for developing media plans.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university required.
- 5 +years of Media Planning experience required.
- Strong mathematical abilities required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks required.
- Strong presentation skills preferred.