Purchases commercial air time.
- Negotiates and places commercials with television, radio, streaming audio + video and FEP/OTT for accounts within an assigned group of markets.
- Estimates, updates and adjusts all broadcast ratings.
- Negotiates and documents rates, special placements and added value.
- Executes all Media plans while adhering to established budgets and timelines.
- Clearly and accurately communicates orders and changes to media vendors.
- Monitors buys in progress, arranges for make goods and credits and is responsible for the post-buy results of all buys.
- Tracks media expenditures to ensure budget compliance.
- Researches and maintains records of trends, innovations and changes that affect media buying.
- Collaborates with clients and media team members and media planners to resolve media billing issues.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) preferred.
- Two plus years of related experience in media buying required.
- Strong mathematical ability required.
- Work experience in spot television; spot radio, streaming audio + video, spot cable.
- Must be able to occasionally travel to supported markets or clients.
- Experience with Strata, SBMS, Comscore, Nielsen, Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of County Coverage, LPM, PPM and diary markets.